Proterris is initially focused on developing low-dose inhaled CO for delayed graft function (DGF) in renal transplant recipients and a CO-releasing molecule (“CORM”) for acute liver failure
This being said, there is significant therapeutic potential in a variety of other indications, including, and not limited to:
- Liver, lung and heart transplant
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)
- Non-alchoholic steato-hepatitis (NASH)
- Acute kidney injury (AKI)
- Renal fibrosis
- Post-operative paralytic ileus
- Spinal cord injury
- Ischemia reperfusion injury in acute MI/angioplasty
- Prevention of intimal hyperplasia/restenosis
In addition, the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) are currently funding two clinical trials covered by Proterris intellectual property; namely, pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).
Accordingly, we welcome inquiries from corporate and academic parties interested in partnering with Proterris on the development of one or another of the above indications, including principal investigators, bio-/pharmaceutical companies, formulation development, drug delivery and contract manufacturing firms.
Interested parties are invited to contact us at email@example.com